Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Cash Mob: Downtown Ormond Beach


When I heard Ormond Mainstreet was organizing a cash mob to help support local businesses in the Ormond Beach Downtown area, I knew I wanted to be a part of a great cause So, I grabbed a girlfriend and we hit the “strip” last beautiful Saturday afternoon. A fun way to support the community, visit shops I had not before, and learn something new about the area.



We first stopped in to see the fabulous Todd Patrick & Company to pick up a couple of gift certificates as they were running a great Mother’s Day special with 20% off their gift certificates.
Stopped in to Frame of Mind. This is a shop I have said to myself, “I really need to get in there some time” and so happy I did. They have funky art work, beautiful frames, and great, unique gifts.
Stopped in the new cupcake shop, Cupcakes By the Sea, and had a key lime cupcake that was to die for!! 
Ended our cash mob by sitting outside Caffeine at their Tiki bar, enjoying the day!
I definitely walked away with a sense of community in how the shop owners support each other and enjoy seeing each one of their patrons.
For more information on Cash Mobs, visit: https://cashmobs.wordpress.com/ 
Great Job Ormond Mainstreet! Keep up events like Cash Mobs and ‘Browse the Boulevard’, and I see the downtown Ormond Area prospering through and continuing to build a community!   
Here is a comprehensive listing of local businesses in Downtown Ormond Beach area:
Ball of Yarn
Ben Butera, Architect
Bikram Yoga / We Are Yoga
Bill Partington’s AHC Safe & Lock
Bird Photography
Caffeine Wine & Bistro
Centerpointe Realty
Cupcakes By The Sea
Equity Closing & Title
Frame of Mind
Frappes North
Granada Upholstery
Hull’s Seafood
James Harper Fine Arts Gallery
La’s Bistro
Little Blog Dress
Living Waters Health Foods
Luscious Nails and Spa
Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce
Riverside Antiques
Rose Villa
Studio of Margaret S. Hodge
The Baseball Card Exchange
The Big Smoke
The Cutting Cove
Todd Patrick & Company Salon
Transformational Yoga

 

No comments:

Post a Comment